Monday, April 17, 2006

Fight to the Finish

Fight to the Finish

The New York Rangers, New Jersey Devils and Flyers have just one game each remaining, and all three will be tomorrow. But the NHL's Atlantic Division race is still up for grabs.

THE FLYERS (99 points) can win the division only if the Rangers lose their game against Ottawa and the Devils lose their game at Montreal while the Flyers beat the host New York Islanders.

THE RANGERS (100 points) can win the division by beating visiting Ottawa.

THE DEVILS (99 points) can win the division if they beat Montreal and the Rangers lose to Ottawa.

Here is how I see this going:

The Flyers will beat the Islanders, the Rangers will lose to Ottawa and the Devils will beat Montreal.

Thus, the Devils and Flyers would be tied but New Jersey would win the division on a tie-breaker (more wins). They would play the Rangers and the Flyers would finish fifth and play Buffalo.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP