Friday, April 21, 2006

The Philles stink



Pat Gillick was not kidding when he said the Philadelphia Phillies had room for improvement.

6-12 overall, 2-8 at home. Their ace, Jon Leiber, is 0-4. Could things get any worse?

The fans have already had enough, as shows in the attendance, which is down from last year.

Philadelphia lost to the Marlins, the worste team in the NL tonight.

Let's take a look at the offense - Four starters are hitting over .300, with three more hitting at least .259. But as a team, they have the sixth worste average in the leage at a .257 clip. They also have the fifth lowest run total.

Don't even get me started on how they do with runners in scoring position - .202 average, .29 points below the next worste, Oakland A's.

But the pitching stinks. With a team ERA of 5.78, they are the fourth worste.

Gillick said the Phillies were a player or two away from being a playoff team. May be more than that Mr. Gillick.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP