Sunday, April 16, 2006

Bonds will not catch Aaron

Will Barry Bonds catch Hank Aaron to become the best home run hitter of all time? Better yet, will he even catch Babe Ruth, who he currently stands seven home runs behind?

With Bonds' knee ailing and the many distractions he faces on a daily basis, there is a good chance he may not even reach the Great Bambino.

Call me crazy, but he is off to a slow start and does not have any homeruns as of yet. He has bone chips in his elbow, a surgically repaird knee, and pitchers still do not give him many pitches to hit.

It sounds crazy to think Bonds could not hit more than six home runs in one season. After all, steroids or not, he is a power hitter and one of the most feared hitters of all time.

But I could very easily see him getting hurt early this season and then retiring. He is sick and tired of putting up with the constant questions and the constant criticism.

But the real question lies within the fans. Would more people be pleased to see him not catch Aaron or even Ruth?

Just go to a Giants road game and I think that question will answer itself.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP