Thursday, July 20, 2006

Abreu to Mets for prospect Milledge?

ESPN is reporting rumors of the Phillies trading outfielder Bobby Abreu to the New York Mets for Lastings Milledge.

This would be a great deal for both teams.

The Phillies would benefit by moving a big contract, freeing up money to spend this offseason. Milledge is also a very good prospect who could add to the young talent they already have.

The Mets would benefit because Abreu is a heck of a player. Mixed in with Jose Reyes, David Wright, and Carlos Beltran would give New York one heck of a lineup.

Another rumor has Abreu going to Baltimore for Rodrigo Lopez. What a rip off that would be. Abreu is worth way more than Lopez.

The trade deadline is quickly approaching. Let's hope GM Pat Gillick hangs on long enough to get a very good young player in return, should he choose to move Abreu.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP