Friday, July 21, 2006

"It doesn't make any difference, I would veto it." - Alex Rodriguez on the latest trade rumor which has him going to Philly

Now this is an interesting rumor:

A New York Post story is reporting a rumor that has Alex Rodriguez, Melky Cabrera and a player to be named beting traded to Philadelphia for Bobby Abreu Pat Burrell, David Bell and Tom Gordon.

However, A-Rod squashed any possibility of this rumor coming to fruition, saying "It doesn't make any difference. I would veto it." The Yankees third baseman has a no-trade clause.

Which makes me wonder. Would I want to play for the Philadelphia Phillies?

Putting aside the loyalty and being a Phillies fan, the Phillies have a horrible track record. The last time they made the playoffs was in 1993, and although they have come close the past couple of years, they have struggled big-time this year and look to be sellers at the trade deadline.

So why would a player like Rodriguez want to come to a team that has no shot of making it to the post-season?

Although A-Rod takes a lot of heat in New York, he is on a team that has a chance to compete year in and year out. With a no-trade clause, he controls his destiny.

If I were him, I would not want to play for Philadelphia either. But as a Philly fan, I would welcome the trade.

Dreaming of an infield with Rodriguez, Jimmy Rollins, Chase Utley, and Ryan Howard makes me drool. It's not going to happen.

Oh well, the headline peaked my interest.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP