Sunday, September 24, 2006

Big weekend for Eagles and Phillies

It's almost the end of September, and well, every game is a big one for the Philadelphia Eagles. Surprisingly at this time of the year, so is every game for the Phillies.

The Eagles sure look good against the San Francisco 49ers, leading 24-3 at halftime. What a way to start the game with a 50-yard flea flicker. Their offense is dominating, with 338-yards of offense, including a 71-yard TD run by Brian Westbrook. And all of this without their top receiver, Donte Stallworth, who is out with a hamstring injury.

But there is a bigger game in town today. The Phillies finally moved into the wild-card lead yesterday after Los Angeles lost to the Arizona Diamondbacks.

One week left in the regular season and the Phillies could actually be playing playoff baseball for the first time since 1993.

They lead Florida 10-5 right now in the bottom of the 8th. I thought Florida would give the Phillies more of a headache. LA is tied 1-1 with Arizona.

We were in Hocking Hills this weekend and I caught myself, even away from my normal life, really wanting to check the scores and see how the Phils were doing.

Only time will tell but I sure hope to be watching them in the postseason.

In other news in the NFL, boy is it great to see the New York Giants losing 35-0 to Seattle. Imagine what could have been had the Eagles beaten them last week. New York would be 0-3. I definitely believe the Eagles are the far superior team.

It's a big day in Philadelphia. And so far, it's been a heck of a day.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP