Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Eagles all alone in first place - "I told you so"

Ok, I know it is only the end of week 1. And I know the Eagles played Houston. But I can't help feel a little bit of "I told you so" against the national media.

The Philadelphia Eagles have been given little respect by the national media heading into this season. But they played very well in week 1. The Cowboys dominated early but lost to Jacksonville. The Giants played well but killed themselves with mistakes in a loss to the Colts. And the Redskins, very overrated in my opinion, lost to the Vikings tonight.

So after week 1, Philadelphia sits by its lonesome atop the NFC East.

Sure, the NFC East is going to be a very tough division. But how can the media count out the Eagles?

They have so much firepower on offense. The D-line is fantastic and had five sacks against the Texans.

Why the media always counts out the Eagles, I have no clue. But they are way wrong with their opinions this year.

This upcoming Sunday should be a good measuring stick, as the Giants come to town.
Philadelphia can hang with anyone in the league. And they will have a good shot to send the Giants to 0-2.

Maybe then, the media will give them the respect they deserve. And if not, then the Eagles will continue to fly under the radar, which is fine by me.

Funny comment from Sunday's game: Did anyone see Andy Reid's comment right before the touchdown pass to Donte Stallworth? You could read his lips say, "watch this, watch this." Then McNabb hit Stallworth for a a long TD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too noticed Andy Reid saying "watch this" just before fake handoff and pass to a wide open Dante Stallworth.

I though the Eagles played well for their first game of the season, but early in the 1st quarter they looked a little shaky. They need to play much better to beat the Giants this week. It's not like the Giants lost to a slouch of a team last week, and they didn't get blown out.

If the Eagles lose this week, I think they'll have an 8-8 season this year. If they win, they could finish 11-5.

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP