Friday, October 06, 2006

Focus from media and fans is in the wrong place

I'm tired of reading about T.O. this, T.O. that. All the media and fans have been talking about all week is Terrell Owens returning to Philadelphia in a Dallas Cowboys uniform. For a while, that is what my focus has been too.

I'm getting tired of it though. Yeah, the plot thickens in an already heated rivalry. But the focus is not and should not be on Owens. The main goal here is to win a ballgame and remain in first place in the NFC East.

First and foremost, this is a division game that the Eagles need to win. This would go a far way in showing that they are back in the NFC East. It would put the Cowboys at 2-2 and the Eagles at an impressive 4-1. Not to mention that either Washington will fall to 2-3 or New York will fall to 1-3. This is a big week in the NFC East.

And that is how this game should be treated - an important division game. A game the Eagles need to win.

Dallas is a good team, offensively and defensively. The Eagles will not win just by stopping Owens.

Forget the circuis. It's time to focus on football and the game at hand. I can't wait for Sunday.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP