Sunday, January 07, 2007

Playoff football is here

It's finally here. For the first time since the Eagles lost in the Super Bowl in 2004, they will play in a game that really means something.

Four more wins. That's all it will take to win the whole thing. But we have the Giants first.

As much as New York has been struggling, they scare me a little. Tiki Barber is an outstanding all around back. Plaxico Burress seeems to catch a lot of touchdowns and draw a lot of pass interference penalties.

The Eagles are one of the hottest teams in the league, winning their last five. The Giants stumbled into the playoffs with an 8-8 record.

How they got here is very different.

The Eagles flew out to a 4-1 start before falling to 5-6 and losing Donovan McNabb. The Giants were 6-2 and controled their own destiny before going into a tailspin.

Another storyline of this game is that it it likely this could be Barber's last game, as he retires at the end of the season.

The teams split during the regular season. This should be an NFC East dogfight.

Ahh, playoff football is in the air.

Could this be the year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well at least your nerves have been calmed once more! Go Eagles! I know I didn't actually watch any of the game but the last 3 seconds, but those last 3 seconds were awesome!

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!

Love you!

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP