Sunday, April 22, 2007

Enjoying a Phillies win in Cincinnati

There is nothing like walking through the concourse and laying your eyes on some of the greenest grass you will ever see.

It never gets old going to a baseball game. Last night was my second visit to Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati. I left just as happy as last year, this time behind a fantastic pitching performance from Cole Hamels and a 4-1 Phillies win.

Of coarse, between myself, Veronica, and Katie (Brianna was at her grandparents for a sleepover), I seemed to be the only know who knew what was going on during the whole game.

Katie was focused in on the food - hot dog, pizza, cotton candy. She was all about eating. With her quick looks and smiles, she even convince the guy behind us to give her a peanut. Needeless to say she did not like it and spit it out.

I didn't realize the Phillies were in town until Friday night. I am not sure why, as I studied the Reds schedule previously to see when the Phillies would be in town and somehow missed this series.

But after hinting away, Veronica suggested we go. And I am glad we did.

We headed down to Cincinnati around 5 and got there around 6:30 or so. Parking wasn't bad and we walked up to the ballpark. The walk up four flights of stairs to get to our seats while holding Katie was no fun. But you do what you have to do. I just wish we would have taken the route of her walking like we did when we were climbing the stairs after the game in the parking garage. Oh well, we know for next time.

Once we found our seats, Veronica headed off to get us some dinner. Glad I hung around because the Phillies got off to a quick 2-0 lead.

The seats were good and I really like how they are angled toward home plate. Unfortunately, I had to put my legs away from home plate because the guy next to me kept shaking his leg.

Needless to say, we enjoyed a night out at the ballpark.

Katie was a little confused. She was getting into some of the game, which was great. But she would clap when everyone else clapped. I tried to get her to understand that when everyone else clapped we did not want to clap. We are the visitors I tried to reason with her. But it is just hard to get a two year old to understand that. What am I going to do, give her a timeout for clapping for the wrong team?

But we went home happy. A great night at a baseball game and a Phillies win.

We were talking on the way out. The Phillies are 2-0 when I have gone to their away games. It got me thinking that I should travel with the team.

I guess I should get to studying what city I am going to next.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP