Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Amazing stat comparing Mets and Phillies bullpen

Bullpens can play a difference in making or missing the playoffs. But how much they are playing a difference in the NL East this year is nothing short of astounding.

Imagine the Mets being 11 1/2 games ahead of the Phillies in the NL East. If games were only six innings, they would be.

What about a 6 1/2 game lead. That's how much the Mets would be ahead if games were eight innings.

Wow.

The Phillies are 75-0 when leading after eight innings. The Mets have lost seven games they have led after eight and 14 they led in the eighth or later and blown 29 saves.

Phillies closer Brad Lidge is perfect in save opportunities. No matter who the Mets throw out there in relief, there is a good chance they will blow the game.

Talk about a difference maker.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP