Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dawkins deal not final with Denver

The news was almost as devastating as one of the many Eagles NFC Championship game losses.

A report out of the SF Chronical yesterday reported that Brian Dawkins had signed with the Denver Broncos.

Dawkins, a 13 year vet with the Birds, has been the heart and soul of the team for years.

Emotions upon hearing the news were rough - sadness, disappointment, anger, frustration.

But wait, a deal might not be done yet.

It's hard to know what to believe as some sites are reporting it is a done deal. However, there has been nothing official released to this point.

There is still hope he might return to the Eagles.

Prior to fee agency a deal seemed certain. Dawkins said he wanted to return and Andy Reid said he expected the safety to return.

How the Eagles have not gotten a deal done is beyond me.

Reports say the Eagles offered Dawkins a one year deal and will not budge from that. Denver is offering two.

Historically, the Eagles will not re-sign older players due to a decline in their level of play.

This has to be an exception.

Although he has lost a step, Dawkins made the pro-bowl this year. And nore importantly, he is the teams leader.

I never in a million year's thought I would see the day where he was not in Eagles midnight green. Yesterday, I thought that was a reality and the feeling was terrible. I woke up this morning and it was the first thing I thought about.

There is still a good chance a deal gets done with Denver.

But there is hope. I'll hang on to that for now.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP