Saturday, June 13, 2009

Crosby snubs Wings, misses handshake

It is a playoff custom, shaking hands with your opponent after the series has ended.

Sindey (Cindy) Crosby must have forgotten.

As I was puking after seeing the Pens win the Stanley Cup last night, I noticed that Crosby was not in line shaking hands with the Red Wings. NBC kept showing shots of Crosby hugging guys in suits and not shaking hands.

Because I was watching TV and could not see everything that was going on, I was wondering if I was not seeing everything.

My curiosity was confirmed today, as foxsports.com confirmed what I thought (http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/9677784/Did-Pens'-Crosby-snub-Wings-on-handshakes?).

Kris Draper confirmed that Crosby did not come to shake hands until after many of the Wings had left the ice.

"Nick (Lidstrom) was waiting and waiting, and Crosby didn't come over to shake his hand," Draper told an Associated Press reporter a couple hours later as he was leaving Joe Louis Arena. "That's ridiculous, especially as their captain, and make sure you write that I said that!"

And the excuse from the Penguins GM?

"It was a young team celebrating its first Cup and some of the guys might have been a little late getting into the handshake line."

Absolutely ridiculous!

It's tradition. More than that, it's a lack of respect.

Even more reason to hate the Pens and Cindy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP