Sunday, October 18, 2009

An enjoyable night for Phillies

Finally, a night I can watch a Phillies playoff game and relax.

The Phillies jumped out to a quick lead and got a brilliant pitching performance from Cliff Lee, taking a 2-1 lead over the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NLCS.

In a big momentum game, the Phils scored 4 runs in the first inning on a Ryan Howard triple and two-run home run by Jayson Werth.

Quickly, the stress and worry that came along with games 1 and 2 settled down.

The Phillies scored two more in the second, two in the fifth, and three in the eighth.

With Lee on the mound, things looked really good early. He only allowed three hits in eight innings, all singles.

The Phillies fans were pumped from the beginning and the possibility of winning the series at home still exists if they can win the next two games.

Despite losing game 2, the Phillies have dominated the Dodgers this series and can take a demanding series lead with a win tomorrow night.

But that's tomorrow and I'll enjoy the big win tonight. And the relaxation that came along with it.

For one night at least, it was not a stressful evening watching the Phillies.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP