Sunday, January 03, 2010

Eagles blow great opportunity

I guess the Dallas Cowboys owed the Philadelphia Eagles one.

A year after the Eagles demolished the Cowboys in the season finale to knock them out of the playoff hunt, the Cowboys returned the favor, sticking it to the Eagles in a 24-0 win.

Fortunately for Philadelphia, they will get another crack at the Cowboys next week in the first round of the playoff.

The loss comes at a major cost for the Eagles. Had they won, they would have been the second seed in the NFC, had a first round bye, and at least one home game.

They now drop to the sixth seed and will have to win three games on the road to advance to the Super Bowl.

If they play anything like they did today they'll be going home quickly.

The Eagles got very little pressure on Cowboys QB Tony Romo, they left receivers wide open all game and could not stop the run.

The offense was even worse. McNabb missed receivers all game and even when he connected with them, the receivers dropped passes.

They wasted timeouts, had poor clock managment yet again, and were flat out whipped.

How the Eagles came out so flat in such a big game is beyond me. They were absolutely terrible. And now the road to the Super Bowl has become much more difficult.

The Cowboys wanted it more, played a ton better, and are awarded with an NFC East title and a home playoff game.

I feel sick to my stomach.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP