Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Flyers excuses getting old

To put it bluntly, I am getting sick and tired of the Flyers admitting to a laying with a lack of urgency.

It was an excuse numerous times last season, we've heard it this season, and now again.

After a lackluster effort in a 2-0 loss to the Ottawa Senators, captain Mike Richards said the following: "It's frustrating," Richards said. "We did some bad things. We just seemed like we had a little bit of a lack of motivation, which shouldn't be there, and a lack of urgency. To go through a game like that, and not see everyone play their hardest, that's got to change."

Lack of motivation! Are you kidding me!?!

The Flyers are fighting for their playoff lives and so is Ottawa. What more motivation do they need?

I'm so frustrated with hearing this comment yet again from Richards, I'm ready to say forget it, I hope they don't make the playoffs.

The Flyers need to remove the "C" from Richards' sweater immediately. He's not a leader, he can't get his team up for big games, and he himself lacks motivation in situations I just can't fathom not having motivation.

The Flyers were picked by many to win the Stanley Cup this year after adding a true leader in Chris Pronger.

But it's been the same old stuff as last year - inconsistency, not playing well in big games, taking dumb penalties.

Grow up Richards and act like a leader.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP