Monday, July 12, 2010

Baseball commish has All Star game all wrong

The Major League Baseball All Star game is an exhibition. Wait, no it's not. Or maybe it is.

Oh forget it, I have no clue.

The All Star game is referred to as the fans game. They vote for the starting lineups in what is often a popularity contest based more on past accomplishments than current year accomplishments.

I have no problem with this. The All Star game should be a game where the fans can enjoy the biggest names in the game. It's a fun game to watch and a great opportunity to see the best players in the game.

All the while trying to fill the above desires, commissioner Bud Selig has added a facet to the game that is all wrong - home field advantage for the World Series awarded to the league that wins.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

How can an exhibition game, where fans vote in players, determine such an important thing as home field advantage on the biggest of stages?

It makes no sense. None.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP