Friday, March 04, 2011

Doc's work out causes delay in commercial release

In the midst of a recent filming of a commercial for MLB 2K11, Roy Halladay halted the production.

He needed to work out.

Halladay, a freak of nature when it comes to working out, extended the expected time of 1 1/2 hours to complete the commercial, to an astonishing 1 year.

"The filming interrupted my workout routine," the Phillies ace said.  "I had to prepare for the 2010 season.  They tried to convince me to film between starts but I just could not find any time.  I was so busy working out, eating, and sleeping."

The crew phoned Halladay in early January of 2011 to see if they could complete the commercial.

Halladay, despite needing to get in another workout, obliged. 

"It came down to the Chooch doll," he said.  They told me if I did not finish the commerical I could not keep the doll.  Chooch means everything to me."

It was later found out that Chooch phoned Halladay, demanding he finish the commercial so that Chooch could become an internet sensation. 

"I was so cute in that commercial," the Phillies catcher said.  "It was my chance to reach stardom.  There is no way I was going to let Doc ruin that for me."

It is believed Chooch threatened to not catch any pitch Halladay threw in the 2011 season if he did not return to film the remainder of the commercial.

"Well, I did need to exercise my fingers, so I agreed to do the final scene where I was playing PS3."



1 comment:

Veronica said...

Everyone loves Chooch! That commercial is hilarious!

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP