Monday, March 14, 2011

Hamels gets sent to detention

Cole Hamels is in big trouble.

After allowing a home run to Carlos Lee, Hamels attempted to throw a quick pitch to Bill Hall. Hall, however, stepped out of the batters box, thus not allowing Hamels to throw the pitch.

Hamels, one of the Phillies four aces, responded by throwing the next pitch high and inside.

And with that, Hamels has become a marked man.

"He's definitely a marked man for me now, so when I do some damage off him, I'm going to let him know I did some damage off him," Hall said. "I can guarantee that."

Hmmm...

Hamels is a former World Series MVP and a bonafied ace. He has a career record of 60-45 and ERA of 3.53 and has spent his entire career with the Phillies.

Hall, meanwhile, is a journeyman who has played for four teams in the last four seasons. He has a career batting average of .250 and his best year was 5 years ago.

Hamels should be shaking in his boots.

Even if Hall does something, anything off of Hamels, what is he going to do? Instead of running to first base is he going to run to the mound and say, "in your face, I just hit a single off of you."

Or maybe if he reaches on an infield single he can go brag about how much his Astros team is so much better than the Phillies - oh wait. Nevermind.

Hall is 3 for 22 off of Hamels in his career, so him doing anything to Hamels is slim to none.

"I don't feel like I do a lot of things to have pitchers mad at me for doing things on the field," Hall continued. "I feel like I play the game the right way. But if you disrespect me, I'm going to do my best to disrespect you back. Obviously not in a way to disrespect the game, but obviously I'm going to let him know when I face him."

Now there's a guy I would like to have on my team.

Not!

Relax dude - it's a part of the game.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP