Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Halladay with a gutsy performance

Roy Halladay lumbered through the last inning, but there was no way he was coming out of the game.

Not even a mound visit by Charlie Manual was going to prevent Halladay from throwing another complete game.

With the tying run at second base, Halladay struck out Matt Stairs and Ivan Rodriguez to end the game - a 124 pitch, nine strikeout 3-2 win.

Halladay took a shut out into the ninth. After a double and single to start the inning, Halladay struck out Adam LaRoche. Two hits followed to put the tying run on second before Halladay closed the door.

Phillies closer Jose Contreras was ready to go, but Manuel decided to leave his ace in after talking it over with Halladay.

It was a gutsy performance. He was tired. But Halladay is a competitor.

And this my friends, is why he is our ace.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP