Saturday, August 26, 2006

Decision on High School football players absolutely ridiculous

For those of you who have not heard this story...

Two high school football players from Kenton, Ohio placed a fake deer on a dark, windy road. What they were trying to do, I don't know. What they did was ruin the lives of two others.

Driving on this road, two other high schoolers saw the fake deer and swerved to avoid it, not knowing it was fake. The two kids were in an accident and one has had 11 surguries and the other is now mentally hadicapped.

The case went to court and the judge decided that the two boys be sent to juvinile detention.

But here is what gets ridiculous.

The judge said that they could play in their high school football season for "rehab" before going to jail. The case also went to a vote (I think it was school board members) who also determined the same thing.

Where is the accountability? What are these kids being taught?

Look, I doubt the kids were trying to hurt anyone. But choices have consequences. And they ruined the lives of two others. I can't imagine how furious the parents of the two who got hurt are.

What are your thoughts on this issue and how athletes are coddled?

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP