Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Flyers finally post win, but excitement for me not there

Sure, I was glad to be watching the Flyers play tonight. After all, there are only about 5-10 games on national TV every year.

I got excited when they scored and pumped that they won 4-2.

But the excitement is nothing compared to the Eagles game on Sunday against Dallas. That game got me so pumped, it is going to be hard to reach that level of excitement again - at least until the Eagles play a playoff game.

There was so much hype and it was such a thrilling victory.

The NHL season is early. Games are important but a loss here and there is no big deal. In the NFL, where you only play 16 games, every loss is huge.

Maybe the NHL just needs to get deeper into the season for me to be more excited. My focus right now is on the NFL. Maybe I just need to get a few NHL games under my belt to get the juices flowing.

Right now though, all I can think about is next Sunday, when the Eagles head to New Orleans.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP