Thursday, October 19, 2006

Time for the Flyers to make a coaching change

You would think the Flyers would show a little emotion after an embarrassing 9-1 loss the other night.

Instead, they followed it up with yet another loss, 4-1 to Tampa Bay. Philadelphia has lost nine straight against the Lighting.

The Flyers have hit rock bottom. In seven games, they have only won once. Not only that, but they lost their star captain, Peter Forsberg, to a wrist injury tonight.

For some reason, the Flyers can't seem to get things together. They are getting beaten to pucks. They are not skating with opposing players. They are slow up and down the ice.

But what erks me most is that they have no intensity. They have no passion.

It is time for a change. It's time to let go of Ken Hitchcock. I am sick and tired of seeing his blank look on the bench. Give me a coach that is going to light a fire under these players.

There is absolutely no excuse for how badly the Flyers are playing. None.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP