Sunday, November 19, 2006

Layoff for Buckeyes is absurd

Imagine playing in the biggest game of your life and then having to wait 51 days to play in an even bigger game.

That is exactly what the Ohio State Buckeyes have to do.

After defeating Michigan 42-39 in one of the most hyped regular season games in NCAA history, the Buckeyes will have to sit around and wait for a shot at claiming the national title.

I'm sorry, but the team we see on January 8 will not be the same as the team we saw yesterday. All of the emotion from yesterday's win will have faded. Long gone will be the feel of playing in game situations.

51 days - that is ridiculous.

Which makes me wonder even more, why is it that we can't have playoffs?

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP