Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's going to be a long offseason

Is it time for football yet?

Oh wait, this season hasn't ended. Boy have these last four days since the Eagles season ended seemed like a long time.

Just to think we still have eight more months until the regular season begins. Not to mention the championship games and Super Bowl this year.

How in the world am I going to make it that long? Scavaging the message boards, reading the latest rumors, hearing different opinions on what the Eagles should and should not do.

But until something actually happens, this is brutal. Free agency is a little over a month away. That can't come soon enough. But with not a lot of cap room, this could be a disappointing time, especially if they do not sign one of their own free agents in Donte Stallworth.

Usually when the Eagles season ends the focus can shift towards the Flyers. But the only focus on them this year is wondering if they will finish as the worst team in the league. Maybe I should wonder how many points they will finish behind everyone else.

Pitchers and catchers report to spring training in about a month. The Phillies are looking pretty good this year. I am excited about them, but it is a long season.

Ah, who am I kidding. It's all about the Eagles winning a Super Bowl. Maybe I will go simulate a season of Madden and then put it on extra easy so I can win the Super Bowl with the Eagles. But knowing the luck of Philadelphia, I would find some way to lose.

I just need something to pass the time. Football season is a long way away. Oh wait, it still is football season.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP