Saturday, May 26, 2007

Could McNabb really be headed to the Bears

Sometimes I wonder if journlists even think before they write.

Even more, I shake my head at the fact that some of these stories written can actually get legs and be all over the internet.

In a recent article in the Philadelphia Inquire, the writer suggested the Eagles trade Donovan McNabb to the Chicago Bears for Lance Briggs.

Furthermore, he questioned why in the world the Bears would want to make that deal.

Are you kidding me?

This guy must have been on something when he wrote this article.

Let's look at a few reasons why this would never happen.

1)McNabb is a superstar. He is the Eagles leader. He is one of the best players in the league. The Eagles built their team around him. They are not about to give that up.

2)Although the Eagles drafted a quarterback in the second round, Kevin Kolb is not ready to play and the Eagles are not about to leave their season in the hands of A.J. Feeley or Kelly Holcumb.

3)Lance Briggs is not happy with the franchise tag and wants a monster contract. The Eagles have never been fond of paying big money to a linebacker. They will not start now.

Despite all of this, the story began appearing on all kinds of websites. It was listed a possible rumor.

How, I ask?

Could I just write a story and propose the Eagles will sign Ricky Watters out of retirement and then trade him for Ladanian Tomlinson and then expect the story to garner truth from other sites?

The answer is no, and I can't figure out why this story has any truth perceived to it.

As far as I'm concerned, the thought of this happening is ridiculous.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP