Saturday, August 02, 2008

McNabb's last chance with Eagles

In a perfect world, Donovan McNabb would retire an Eagle. In reality, this will most likely be his last season in Philadelphia.

While trips to Super Bowls slipped through his fingers and injuries knocked him out for games at a time, the Eagles did something that shocked fans around the country - they drafted McNabb's replacement.

Now, with Kevin Kolb waiting in the wings, McNabb will take one last shot at leading the Eagles to a Super Bowl title, which has eluded him his entire career.

Unfortunately for McNabb, the Ealges simply don't have the team around him to do that. They never really have, except for 2004.

With fans screaming for a play making receiver year after year, the Eagles finally obliged, bring in Terrell Owens. Of coarse, McNabb had his best year and the Eagles finally made it to the Super Bowl after three year's of major disappointment. However, everything blew up the next season and the Eagles have not been close to a title ever since.

McNabb has put up with criticism year after year, from the media and from the fans. He remained a stand up guy and one of the elite quarterbacks in the league. He doesn't deserve it after the career he has had in Philadelphia but he will always be remembered for not being able to bring a title to a championship starved town.

I booed with they drafted him instead of Ricky Williams. I was wrong. Now, I don't ever want to see his time as an Eagle end.

There's nothing I can do though. The clock is ticking and the end of the McNabb era is about to end.

It will be a sad day.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP