Sunday, July 05, 2009

Manny interruptions ridiculous

Manny Ramirez must have been on the verge of breaking some storied record yesterday, right?

Nope, just his second game back after being suspended from steroid use.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Fox cut from the Phillies-Mets game to catch every single Ramirez at-bat. He was not chasing a record. He was not in a pivotal end-of-game at-bat.

To give that kind of attention to a guy who was suspended for illegal activity was wrong and makes me wonder if Fox has any integrity.

Yes, Ramirez has served his time, and no, I don't have a problem with him being back in the game.

What I do have a problem with is the kind of attention he is getting.

Fox would not have cut to every Ramirez at-bat had he not been suspended.

But the fact that they are giving him as much attention for the national audience to see every at-bat is sending a bad message - do something wrong and get all of the attention.

Being a Phillies fan, I was frustrated to miss parts of an important divisional game between the Mets and Phillies.

Even for those not fans of the Phils or Mets should be disappointed.

Ramirez does not deserve the kind of attention he is getting. Never have networks left the game they were airing to catch at-bats of another player unless there was something important on the line - like a potential record breaking at-bat.

Fox was wrong in what they did.

Personally, I'm tired of "Manny being Manny."

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP