Friday, July 10, 2009

Phillies need to be bold and get Halladay

The Phillies NEED Roy Halladay and I don't care what it costs.

Having a one-two punch of Halladay and Cole Hamels would be lethal in any playoff series.

I understand that it would take a lot to land the Blue Jays ace. It would probably take more than it is really worth.

But with big risk comes big reward.

The Flyers made a bold move this offseason, trading two players and three draft picks for Chris Pronger. I am of the opinion that they probably gave up more than Pronger was worth. However, it was the right move and I applaud them for going for it all.

The Phillies do not get a pass for winning the World Series last year. They need to go for it again. While obtaining Halladay will not guarantee anything, it sure will put them in a much better situation than they currently have.

Halladay is a perfect fit for Citizens Bank Ballpark. He strikes guys out and gets groundballs. He is one of the best pitchers in the league.

With Halladay the Phillies would run away with the NL East and I think that makes them the team to beat in the National League.

Halladay has dominated over the years in a tough AL East against the likes of the Yankees and Red Sox. Imagine how good he would be in a much weaker National League.

The Phillies need him. Now they need to go out and get him.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP