Tuesday, July 14, 2009

MLB wrong with All-Star Implications



I love the baseball All-Star game, but I hate what implications it carries with it.

Major League baseball was wrong in its decision to have the league who is the winner of the All-Star game have home field advantage in the World Series.

Unfortunately, commissioner Bud Selig has no intentions on changing anything, citing the fact that the All-Star game is more competitive since the rule has been in place.

Of coarse I want the game to be competitive. But players already have the competitive juices flowing in their blood. They don't need extra meaning to care about a game. They hate to lose no matter what is on the line, even if it is just bragging rights.

The All-Star game in an exhibition. It's a popularity contest. Fans vote for the starters for crying out loud. And as long is it an exhibition, I have no problem with that.

Yes, it is better than when home field advantage rotated back and forth between leagues in the World Series. But what would not be better than that?

Baseball has this one wrong.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP