I am sick and tired of football players complaining about being underpaid.
All too often a guy signs a long term extension and then in a few years whines about being underpaid.
It's ridiculous.
Sure, the player possibly gives up more money in the future by signing a deal now. But they also guarantee themselves and their family a financially secure life in a sport where your career can end at any point and time due to injury.
That is why I felt so refreshed to hear Brent Celek's comments today after signing a six year extension with the Philadelphia Eagles.
"I'll tell you right now that I'm set and I'm happy with my deal," Celek said. "I can promise you that I won't be up here complaining about my deal. They put a trust in me by signing me early and have given me financial security for the rest of my life, so I owe it to them to play out my deal and that is personally how I feel and that is how I'll go about my business."
Wow. What a breath of fresh air.
Rookie Andrew Painter takes full control in ‘career-altering’ Game 2
bullpen outing: ‘Just giving it everything I had’
-
ATLANTA — Bryce Harper watched from first base as the rookie starting
pitcher, suddenly thrust into the biggest appearance of his fledgling
career, took a ...
18 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment