Saturday, April 16, 2011

Flyers and stomach knots


Playoff hockey is the most intense of all sports.

Every trip down the ice for the Flyers creates a sense of hope.

Every trip down the ice for the other team puts my stomach in knots.

Thus was the case tonight when the Sabres were all over the Flyers during the third period, trying to cut a two goal lead.

In the end, the Flyers held on for a huge 5-4 win.

Every time Buffalo had the puck I feared the worse - a tie game.

I could hardly eat my dinner. In fact, I stopped for about the last eight minutes of the game.

The only sense of relief from the tension was my son pretending his french fry was a hockey stick.

A quick laugh and then right back to my stomach being in knots.

But that is what is great about playoff hockey.

It's back and forth, with the possibility of a game changing in an instant.

As stressful as it is, I sure would like to experience this feeling into June.

The Flyers moved one game closer to that desire tonight.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP