Monday, April 18, 2011

Flyers seize control

Maybe the end of the year slump won't hurt the Flyers after all.

Limping into the playoffs, many people (myself included) had written off the Flyers, picking the seventh seeded Buffalo Sabres to upset the second seeded Flyers.

After a 1-0 game one loss, the doubt only grew more.

Not so fast.

After an exciting 5-4 win on Saturday to tie up the series, the Flyers took game three tonight, 4-2, go up 2-1 in the first round series.

Could the magic from last season be back?

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

But, I must say that my confidence is a bit higher, especially with Brian Boucher in goal.

Boucher made 35 saves and was cool, calm, and collected.

The Flyers are 18-3 when they have a 2-1 series lead in their history.

I like the odds of them winning this series.

Let the growth of playoff beards continue.

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP