Sunday, April 24, 2011

Flyers show heart to force game 7


Relax Flyer fans. You can grow your playoff beard for at least another two days.

The Flyers erased two goal deficits twice and Ville Leino scored on a rebound in overtime Sunday, forcing a deciding game seven on Tuesday in Philadelphia.

Goalie roulette continued as Michael Leighton started, but was later replaced by Brian Boucher.

In case you are counting at home, that's three times a Flyers goalie has been pulled in six games.

But here we are - game seven, one of the most exciting things in all of sports.

The Flyers showed a ton of heart on Sunday. They looked dead in the water multiple times and with their season on the brink, Scott Hartnell tied the game with 9:17 left in the third period.

Danny Briere scored twice, giving him five goals in the series.

And now, it all comes down to one game. If you thought today was nerve wracking, wait until game seven starts.

It will be exciting, excruciating, and I can't wait!

No comments:

About This Blog

Born and raised right outside of Philadelphia, I am a passionate Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers fan. This blog takes my passion of sports and writing and combines them into "Out of Bounds."
Out of Bounds

About Me

My photo
I was raised in Warminster, PA. I am married to Veronica and we have three children, Brianna, Katie, and Alex. I work at Ashland Distribution as a Customer Service Supervisor.

Writing career

I've written professionally for The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. I was also a Sports Writer, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor at The Voice (Bloomsburg college paper).
Out of Bounds

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP